Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OH MY, TIME DOES FLY WHEN YOU ARE HAVING FUN ~ Part I

Since my post last fall SO much has happened in my life. A few changes were challenging, but the WONDERFUL things have made those challenges well worth the fight...


Last summer our youngest daughter April, suprised us with the announcement that she was joining the Army...now this is our "wild child", Daddy's little girl, and she learned to stand up for herself from her momma and big sister, Tai! How was she going to survive the Army, or better yet, how was the Army going to survive April?!? With a blink of an eye on a hot August day, our little girl was on her way to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for basic training, but before we knew it we were on our way to Columbia to attend her graduation. The minute that I walked on to the base my eyes welled up with pride - I watched our young men and women become soldiers and I don't think that I officially stopped crying until I boarded the plane for home. As of this date our soldier is doing great and stationed back in the beautiful Northwest at Ft. Lewis in Tacoma, WA. We are an Army family and SO PROUD!!


In November, just days short of Thanksgiving, a day that you know will come arrived. Our beloved 15 year old black Pug, Pugsley passed away. Bud and I brought Pugsley home to live with us shortly after we were married and I just couldn't imagine a world without a Pugsley. He passed while I was still at work and I was able to keep my composure, but once I got into my car to drive home the dam burst and I didn't stop crying for 3 days...poor Bud didn't know what to do so he did what loving husbands do best ~ while I was at work on the Friday after Thanksgiving, he drove 3 1/2 hours north and 3 1/2 hours south to bring me the cutest little face ever and that face belongs to Kix, our new black Pug puppy. Kix is named after my favorite entertainer, Kix Brooks from Brooks & Dunn. He is a happy boy, not so little anymore, but has snuggled his way into our hearts and bed (under the covers and all!).

No comments:

Post a Comment