Monday, May 25, 2009

ON THE MOVE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Someone once told me that "the grass never gets green under my feet"...I am pretty sure that it meant that I am not one to sit still and watch the world go by. At least that is my interpretation and I am going to stick with it, LOL!!

Last month I felt an urge to do more - something that would help me not only promote my platform "Relay for Life" and the importance of breast cancer awareness and education ~ but also be an example that once you hit "that age" (don't you just "love" it when these two words work their way in to a diagnosis, LOL!!) LIFE AS WE KNOW IT DOES NOT END! I am now the very proud Beauties of America Oregon's 40's 2009!

I am so excited to return to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina this August. Beauties of America is very dear to my heart, as I had the opportunity to meet some incredible women at this pageant - in fact two of my dearest friends, Charissa Payer and Billye Fietz are in my life because of BOA. I have several friends competing this year and I can't wait to see them again and also to give a big "Oregon Hug" to those that I will finally be meeting in person! This pageant truly does "Celebrate Beauty at Every Age" and that is a statement that each and every one of us needs to hold true to our heart no matter what your age is! But for now ~
40's Women ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment